Tuesday 17 November 2015


Equipments, Gadgets and Softwares


Till now, I have discussed different topics, like workstations, different types of microphones as well as recording interfaces that are used in a basic audio recording setup . But that's not all , there are many other things that we need to be familiar with, before we can start recording or capturing audio on our own. 
One of the important devices that is required in any recording setup is a hearing device. Through which we will be able to monitor, mix and hear the audio samples that we have recorded . 

The topic of Monitors or Headphones is pretty vast and needs a whole dedicated post for the same . But with that note, for monitoring what we can use is, whatever is available to us at the moment . It can be any studio monitors to some inexpensive pair of headphones that we use in our everyday lives to listen to our favourite bands or music . 

Personally, I have seen people doing great mixes as well as recordings with some very inexpensive  pair of headphones . But all we need to know about those pairs is that, how familiar our ears are to them . The more time we have spent listening to them, the better we know them. 
So for now, we can conclude this topic as, any headphones or speakers will do, as long as we know them and how do they actually sound.

The posts before this were all about introduction to setting up a studio or home recording setup. But we cannot forget the purpose of the blog. Which clearly states that, the blog will act as a journal to my progress in my music making career . So, lets talk about that .
Like I have already mentioned, I will showcase different techniques and procedures I use, during production of any kind of music . But for that we need to know what are the technologies and hardware units I have used and will be using for my projects .

The Following are the equipments and softwares that I have used till now:

( Click the link below the images for details about the products )

Interface -

  1. Yamaha 01v96i 




     2.  Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2



Microphones -

        1. Shure SM57



       2. Shure SM58



     3.  Shure Beta 58A




     4. Rode NT2A



      5. Behringer B2 Pro



      6. Audio Technica AT2020



     7. Rode NTG2






     8. Zoom H6 handy audio recorder 




Studio Monitors-

     1. Presonus Eris E8




    2. Adam A7



     3. KRK Rokit 8




     4. Yamaha HS8




Digital Audio Workstations (D.A.W)-

      1. Fruity Loop Studio 11 ( Producer's Edition ) -



     
       2. Adobe Audition CC & CS6



        3. Steinberg Cubase 5 



         4.  Apple Garageband




       5 . Avid Protools 11



     6.  Apple Logic Pro X 





For the Blog and my personal use, I will be using Logic pro X as my primary D.A.W and might switch to protools later during mixing of the whole project . I will also be using different equipments and musical instruments to showcase my work and techniques . Which are as follows -



1. For the computer I will be using a Macbook pro with the following configuration-



2. Interface - Roland Tri Capture (USB Audio Interface)



3. Microphone - Behring B2 Pro



4 . Now for the monitoring , I still don't have studio monitors, so I will be using 3 different pairs of headphones .
     
      - Audio-Technica ATH-M40x



        - Skull Candy Hesh 2



      - Sony MDR-XB450 ( Extra Bass )




Because I don't have studio monitors and I am just recording as well as monitoring with headphones, I have a headphone amplifier which helps me to listen to the sound at any desired level .


5. Behring HA400 microamp




6. Midi Controller - Samson Carbon 49 USB Midi Controller 




7. Strings-

 Cort X1 (Electric Guitar)



Jimm K1 (Semi Acoustic Guitar)



Ashton UKE120 (Ukulele)





































No comments:

Post a Comment